It is with great sadness that on the 19th April 2018, Dr David J Carey passed away after a short illness.
This site will help us remember David and will link to his articles, blogs and audios that we may have.
Some of David's wise words (originally published by the Independent)
- “We just have to roll with some of these children’s punches that come our way. We’re little Mike Tysons, we get to one point of development and suddenly they change their tactics.”
- “Look, we love you, we’re here, we want to help. Anything we can do Sonny boy, you just ask, we’re here. Otherwise, over to you. Guess what, this is your life.”
- “Don’t be concerned what other people think about your parenting style, you’re doing a good job. Remember parents, you just have to be good enough, you don’t have to be the best. You’ll never be perfect. You’ll have your weak moments, you’ll have your times when you’re brilliant and guess what, you’ll make a few parenting mistakes along the way. Welcome yourself to the human race.”
- “We have a capacity to receive love from many, many people because the more people we get it from, the more we thrive and the more we grow – emotionally, cognitively, and yes, physically.”
- “I want to be able to love and be loved. I want to irascible from time to time, and cranky which I’ve succeeded at apparently, people tell me.”
- “It’s important to be nice to people, and it’s important to be nice to yourself.”
"He could be a grump and that's why I loved him"
Tributes paid to Doctor David J Carey